Sep 5, 2007

Youtube

I enjoy youtube tremendously. It is incredibly distracting, however. For example, I just did a search for libraries on it and instead of watching incredibly informative educational things, I watched "No Cookies in the Library - Classic Sesame Street." I do recommend it. It is a nice view of how people view libraries and librarians. I'd say it was a snapshot in time, but it probably is still accurate. Check out how the librarian says "library." I also fully enjoyed the librarian's apoplexy. Who hasn't encountered some form of apoplexy in a library, or, themselves been apoplectic?

In any case, I do think youtube, or its counterparts could be useful in instruction or as a tool for tour creation. Being a visual learner, I always appreciate and remember best anything that is shown to me - as opposed to spoken to me. I think there are probably lots of clever ways to incorporate this Thing into our lives - work or otherwise.