Sep 4, 2007

Rollyo

Rollyo:

I must say, I had the same initial reaction to rollyo as I have when I walk into a music store. I draw a complete and utter blank. I cannot recall the name of any music I like. Similarly, I couldn't think of a single thing I like to search. Fortunately, I work with smart people and after talking with one of my colleagues, I was able to get over my search amnesia and I saw the utility. This smart colleague used it to create a customized search for one of her classes. I like this idea very much and in the spirit of Web 2.0 am going to steal this idea (I mean, borrow it).

Library 2.0:

I think the key to this whole 2.0 thing is to experiment, be comfortable with experimenting and failing and/or succeeding and or a little of both and mixing the old good (things we like) with the new good (things we like or even don't like but our users like). How could these 2.0 advances not take our users and ourselves some place better? I say bring it on OCLC.