Sep 4, 2007

Online Apps and Firefox Extensions

(among) My two absolute favorite things in this list of 23. I use zoho faithfully. I have used its database creator to keep track of purchases for the funds I manage. I intend to use it for any minutes I need to share in whatever committees I am on over the course of the next year. It is such a wonderful thing to end the days of email attachments. I am equally enamored of Firefox extensions. The LibX add on has been fantastic. I use it often when I am selecting titles. I love the addition of a drop-down list of search options (delicious, google, open worldcat, amazon, etc.)
Similarly, the blogline subscriber tool has been incredibly useful. I also downloaded the proxy server add-on and use it faithfully from home. I can see how these kinds of add-ons would be very useful to our users. A customized, research ready browser would be an excellent resource to share with our users.